1&1/2 cups of uncooked basmati rice
3 cups of coconut milk diluted in a little water
1/2 cup shredded coconut pwd
4 green chillies slit(increase or decrease the amount acc to taste)
1 small onion(optional)
1 tsp ginger(chopped)
6 curry leaves
2 dried red chillies(torn)
1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp ajwain seeds
1&1/2 tsps urad dal/minappappu
1 tsp chana dal/senaga pappu
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker, when hot, add the onion, green chillies, ginger , cashews and saute for 3 mins.
- Add the shredded coconut pwd and fry for another 2-3 mins.
- Add the basmati rice and salt and saute for 2-3 mins, add the coconut milk, mix well and close the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Add ghee in another pan and when hot, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and when they splutter add the dried red chillies, urad dal, chana dal and curry leaves and saute for 2 mins.
- Switch off and add to the cooked rice and mix.
- Serve with chicken,mutton curry or aloo kurma or any other masala curry.