2 cups cooked rice with enough salt
1/2 small onion , finely chopped
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilly pwd
A pinch of turmeric
1tbsp coconut pwd
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
4 curry leaves
1 small piece of cinnamon
1 green cardamom pod
1 small bay leaf
1tsp garam masala pwd
1 tsp roasted peanut pwd
1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 medium sized carrot, chopped into small cubes
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and when hot, add mustard seeds, jeera and curry leaf. Let splutter.Add the cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon,cardamom and saute for 1 min.
- Add the chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the peas and saute for 2 mins. Add the cubed carrots and cook for another 5 mins, covered and on low heat.
- When the vegetables get soft, add salt (just enough for the vegetables),turmeric, garam masala pwd, red chilly pwd and saute for a min.Add the roasted peanut pwd and flax seed pwd and mix and add the cooked rice immediately and mix well.
- Lower heat and cover the kadai and cook for 2-3 mins or till the rice gets warm.